401(k) Savings Plan
Save for your future with the BMO 401(k) Savings Plan.
Inside BMO network:
Outside BMO network:
You are eligible to enroll and begin making contributions immediately. You can review and change your contribution rate at any time. Your changes take effect with the next possible pay period.
Auto-Save for new hires:
Choose before-tax 401(k) contributions, after-tax Roth 401(k) contributions or any combination of both.
|Loans and Withdrawals||While working at BMO, you may have limited access to your account through loans and certain types of withdrawals, subject to Plan provisions and IRS rules and limits.|
|When You Leave BMO||
|Beneficiaries||Go to Workday to make changes to your beneficiary designation. Learn more >|
401(k) resourcesUse these valuable resources to maximize the 401(k) Plan:
- Go to 401(k) FAQs to learn more about before-tax contributions and after-tax Roth contributions.
- For tips on maximizing BMO’s matching contributions, automatically increasing your contribution rate and reviewing your investments, take a look at Your guide to understanding the BMO 401(k) Savings Plan.
- To learn how to assess your investment risk tolerance and choose the investments that best fit your needs and savings goals, review Your guide to investing in the BMO 401(k) Savings Plan.
- To see if you’re on track for your financial future, watch a 15 minute interactive video, All about saving and planning for retirement.
- For help managing your retirement and savings plans, review Choosing the right retirement resource.
Here are some tools to help you get the most from the 401(k) Plan.
- The 401(k) Plan offers a broad range of investment options. Go to 401(k) Plan Investment Options.
- Use myRetirement Insight to project your overall retirement savings, estimate expenses at retirement and see how long your savings can last. For tips on accessing and using the planning tool review myRetirement Insight guide.
Talk to your financial or tax advisor for further information and guidance on choosing the 401(k) investment options that meet your retirement savings needs.