BMO offers a benefits program that allows you to choose which plans to enroll in based on what is important to you and your family.
Full-time and part-time employees scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the full benefits program.
Part-time employees scheduled less than 20 hours per week are eligible only for the 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Share Purchase Plan, vacation and sick time.
In general, eligible dependents include:
- Your spouse
- Your domestic partner (same-gender or opposite-gender partner who meets specified eligibility requirements, including that the relationship must have been in place for at least one year. Depending on your individual situation, your domestic partner may qualify as either a “tax-dependent” or a “non-tax dependent”.)
- Your children:
- biological or legally adopted children
- child placed with you for adoption
- child for whom you have legal custody
- foster children living with you (not eligible under all plans)
- domestic partner’s children (must qualify as your tax dependent)
- adult children with disabilities (if disability existed while they met BMO’s definition of child)
Verify your dependent’s eligibility
You must verify that all dependents covered on your medical, dental or vision plans are eligible. The first time you add a dependent to your medical, dental or vision plan, you will be contacted by an independent third party to provide documentation verifying that only eligible dependents are enrolled. If you do not complete the verification process, your dependent will be considered ineligible and removed from your plans.
Changing benefits mid-year
Mid-year benefit changes are only allowed if you have a qualifying change in family status or employment. You must make your benefit change within 31 days of the qualifying event.