Employee Share Purchase
Be a BMO shareholder. Invest in BMO shares at a discount with the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). The better BMO stock performs, the more valuable your investment becomes.
Here’s a high-level overview of the Employee Share Purchase Plan. For details, review the
Employee Share Purchase Plan SPD.
- Employees of BMO Financial Group U.S. are eligible for the Bank of Montreal
- U.S.-based employees of Bank of Montreal are eligible for the Bank of Montreal
- You can join the plan at the start of any quarter. Enroll on the
Computershare website or call Computershare, the plan recordkeeper, at 1-800-545-7996.
- Your election remains in effect for the entire quarter and continues each subsequent quarter unless you change it during a future enrollment period.
- You may contribute 1% to 15% of your after-tax base pay, up to an annual dollar limit. Each quarter, your contributions will be used to purchase BMO common stock at a 15% discount for the qualified plan and 20% discount for the nonqualified plan.*
- The Company contributes the difference between your discounted cost for the shares and their actual market price.
|How your Investment Grows|
When you purchase BMO shares, your investment grows through:
- Your after-tax contributions
- Company contribution
- Increased value of stock
|Managing your Shares|
- Shares are credited to your account within 5 business days following their purchase each quarter.
- You can sell shares anytime and receive a distribution in cash, request Direct Registration (DRS), or transfer your shares to another broker.
Employees who are considered "insiders" and have material, confidential information about the company need to follow trading window requirements before executing any Employee Share Purchase Plan dispositions.
Call the Human Resources Centre
Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT