BMO U.S. Pension Plan
The Employees' Retirement Plan of the Bank of Montreal/Harris (BMO U.S. Pension Plan) is a company provided benefit that pays retirement benefits to eligible employees.
For employees hired prior to April 1, 2016: On March 1, 2017, the BMO U.S. Pension Plan was frozen. Any benefits you earned through February 28, 2017, if vested, will still be payable when you are eligible to retire or leave BMO, with the same payment options the plan offered before the freeze.
For employees hired on or after April 1, 2016: The BMO U.S. Pension Plan Plan is closed to new hires.
Here’s a high-level overview of the BMO U.S. Pension Plan for employees
hired prior to April 1, 2016. For details, review the
BMO U.S. Pension Plan SPD.
- On completing three years (36 months) of service
|How Benefits Grow|
- Benefit formula is based on your pay and service; or
- Interest earnings (account-based)
|When Benefits are Paid|
- At retirement or termination (reductions based on age and service may apply)
Here's how you can update your beneficiary:
Or, call the Human Resources Centre at
- Go to
My Retirement & Benefits application
- Select your network status (on or off the BMO network)
Review your beneficiaries-Pension tile
Pension planning tools
Choosing the right retirement resource guide for an overview of the online BMO retirement and saving tools:
- To project a detailed pension calculation, compare payment options or initiate payment of your pension benefit at retirement, use the myRetirement & Savings website on
- To project your overall retirement savings, estimate expenses at retirement and see how long your savings can last, use the myRetirement Insight planning tool. For tips on accessing and using the planning tool review
myRetirement Insight guide.
Call the Human Resources Centre
Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT