Adding to your family is an exciting time of life. It's important to take the time you need to recover and bond with your new baby. BMO provides paid time off so you can take care of yourself and the health and well-being of your new baby.
Here’s a high-level overview of Maternity Leave. For details, review
Your Guide to Maternity Leave.
|Taking Maternity Leave|
- Birth mothers are eligible to take a total of 24 weeks of Maternity Leave when a new child arrives.
- To initiate Maternity Leave, contact Leave Administration at
1-888-927-7700 within 30 days before your expected delivery date.
- When your baby arrives, notify Leave Administration within two days to initiate your Maternity Leave.
Your pay may be interrupted if you do not promptly report your child’s birth.
|Pay While on Leave|
First 12 weeks—Birth mothers are eligible to receive 100% salary continuation starting on the first business day on or after the birth of a child, for up to 12 weeks.
Second 12 weeks—Immediately after paid Maternity Leave, birth mothers can take up to an additional 12 weeks of continuous, unpaid, job-protected leave. If you choose to take additional unpaid time, you can supplement your pay using sick or vacation time, if available.
Paid Maternity Leave runs concurrently with FML.
- Your benefits coverage will continue during the first 12 weeks of paid Maternity Leave. Premiums will continue to be deducted from your pay.
- If you choose to take unpaid Maternity Leave, your benefits coverage will continue and you will owe premiums. Your premiums will accumulate in arrears. When you return from leave, your regular deductions will resume and any arrears will be collected at a rate of one additional deduction per pay until your balance is zero.
Backup childcare program
BMO offers 10 days of paid backup childcare per year. To take advantage of this valuable program, register with
Bright Horizons (employer ID: bmofg; pwd: backup).
Your incentive pay
If, during the Incentive Pay plan year, you are on a paid or unpaid leave of absence, any allocated incentive award will be prorated based on actual time worked.